- President Obama (Jan. 30, 2014 @ McGavock High School, TN)
Tennessee parents agree 100% with that excellent statement made by President Obama in Nashville during his visit to McGavock High School.
Therefore, we humbly ask for the same education experiences for OUR children that President Obama's two daughters receive at Sidwell Friends private school. At Sidwell Friends school, students:
- do not do Common Core
- do not take state mandated standardized tests
- their personal information is not integrated into a statewide 360 degree longitudinal database that aligns with other states and is shared with the Federal government and with contracted third parties without parental consent (as TN agreed to do in RTTT)
- every middle school student is issued a personal laptop computer
- every elementary student has an ipad to enhance learning
- every classroom has a SmartBoard or Epson Brightlink Whiteboard
- every child participates in a rich Arts program that includes music, theater, and art
- a strong athletic program and plenty of physical activity
- well-stocked libraries
- real teachers with real teaching degrees and experience
- supported teachers and staff (that aren't evaluated based on student test scores using a complicated formula that nobody can explain)
- full-time counselors
- class size ratio (teacher:student)
- Elementary 1:12
- Middle 1:16
- High 1:16
Click HERE to visit the Sidwell Friends School website and see pictures of the beautiful campus. You will not see: leaking roofs, broken windows, unkempt grass, cracking wall plaster, mold or mildew, waterstains on ceiling tiles, children lacking supplies, or children in poverty.
Goal: A quality education for ALL children in Tennessee.
Support our children's teachers.
Stop the excessive testing.
No charters, no vouchers, no excuses.